Repairing small holes is of course easy by simply buying a drywall repair kit from a trusted dealer. Since these sets are available in different variations, it is important to measure the hole precisely beforehand at handyman jobs in Costa Mesa, CA.
- Cut the lid of the tin so that its diameter is the same as that of the hole plus approx. 4 cm. Now use the jigsaw to saw a narrow horizontal gap in both sides of the hole. The gap must be just as wide that you can slide the can lid through in a horizontal position.
- Use the awl to poke two holes in the lid of the can. Now thread the wire through these holes.
- Now hold both ends of the wire and push the can lid horizontally through the horizontal gap that has been cut out. When the lid is completely behind the wall to be repaired, pull the wire towards you so that the lid completely covers the hole from behind. Now take the wooden stick, hold it in front of the hole and twist the wire behind the wooden stick. This is how the rod holds the lid firmly in place.
- Now mix your repair compound according to the product description. As an alternative to drywall repair compound, you can also use a mixture of plaster and water. However, it is important that you do not use a filler that contracts when it dries!
- Now fill the hole with the repair compound using the spatula. The lid, which is pressed against the wall from behind, ensures that you fill the hole exactly flush with the back wall. In this way, fill the hole almost (!) Completely without distributing the filling compound on the rest of the wall. Now let the repaired area dry. It usually takes about 24 hours for the repair compound to become white and therefore dry. Now you can cut the wire and remove the wooden stick.
- Now fill the rest of the hole with the repair compound until the level of the rest of the wall is reached. The wire ends can no longer be seen. Let the area dry again. Now lightly sand the affected area, then it can be primed and painted. This is how easy it is to repair a hole in plasterboard – certainly one of the many reasons why this building material has become more and more popular over the years.